Ever found yourself wondering what the hell you were doing with your life and how you got to where you are. Do you sometimes wonder what happened to all those dreams you had when you were growing up? Good, so you get how many of the Millennials feel about being all grown up. This interview explores some of the myths about Millennials, adulthood and success with author, speaker, coach and Millennial Paul Angone.
Paul Angone is a spokes person for the Millennial generation. From University to corporate talks he identifies what this generation needs to feel plugged-in, connected and engaged with their world. His book All Groan Up is a hilarious and highly relatable account of his own struggle to figure out what it means to be a successful adult. Like me Paul works tirelessly to help people define what is right for them so they can find their place and settle into life satisfied and at peace with who they are.
This interview revealed the incredible similarity in Paul’s views/approaches and mine, and how important both of us think INSIGHT is to the whole process of thriving. It was fun talking to someone who is part of the Millennial generation and getting not just an informed, but an insider’s perspective on how best to help Millennial reach their dreams and not be crushed by the realities of adult life.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Was this podcast helpful to you?
Then please, subscribe to the podcast, rate, review and SHARE.
- Millennials are accused of being selfish, short sighted, unrealistic, entitled and lazy. If we reframe these to self-focused, in the here and now, hopeful and unwilling to compromise for less than stellar we may be getting closer to reality of many.
- This generation is defined by the ideal of right for me. They grew up with huge expectations and are simply not willing to stop dreaming big, but they are lost on how to execute the dream.
- OCD as defined by Paul – Obsessive Comparison Disorder. As we focus on what other’s have and do, confusion sets in, we lose sight of what we need to be fulfilled and reach instead for the dreams of others.
- ” […] Now it’s almost Keep up with the Jones in a different way this amazing, epic, crazy big life! It’s a different framework with which we are trying to compare ourselves.”
- Social media has created a sense of isolation. The perfection of our digital lives leaves many feeling alone and lacking in their everyday existence. Whereas before we might just need to look put together a few times a year (holidays or a school reunion) now with social media there is pressure to hold up pretenses all the time.
- “The possibility for greatness and embarrassment both exist in the same place, you can’t have one without the other.”
- One of this generation’s struggles is accepting that it takes time to get where they want to be: it’s a process that requires mindful and purposeful application of effort.
Speaking of figuring out who you are and living and EPIC life…
Have you checked out LīF (pronounced life)? This Coaching Series is designed specifically to get people from getting by to thriving. It starts with creating INSIGHT into the things that matter to you, then showing you how to overcome your ROADBLOCKS and only once you have those two things understood moving into ACTION.
Click the LīF logo to find out how you can jump in on LīF.
(COMING Mid-APRIL 2016!)
Paul shares more:
My name is Paul Angone and I’m the author of the All Groan Up: Searching for Self, Faith, and a Freaking Job! (Zondervan), the best-selling book 101 Secrets for Your Twenties (Moody), and I’m thrilled about the new online course and community launching soon to help you uncover your unique Signature Sauce — where your passion, purpose, and career collide.
I am also a national speaker at universities andorganizations, frequent contributor for publications such as Business Insider, Huffington Post, and Relevant Magazine, a business consultant with a master’s degree in Organizational Leadership where Ihelp companies and Millennials work better together, and the creator of AllGroanUp.com, which has been read by millions of people in 190 countries.
But my life wasn’t always this rosy. For most of my twenties I felt like such a failure. I wanted my life to really mean something, yet I felt lost, frustrated, and crushed under the heavy weight of all the unknowns.
Through this struggle, I became extremely passionate about empowering college students, twentysomethings, and thirtysomethings with overwhelming amounts of truth, hope, and hilarity as we save ourselves from a ho-hum “groan up” life.
I learned that failure doesn’t ruin your story; failure helps you write it.
I’ve now been writing and researching for ten years about the unique challenges facing the Millennial Generation and how we overcome, and I can’t wait to be a resource, guide, and voice of encouragement and insight for you.
I believe you are made to live your life dripping with intentionality, purpose, significance, and meaning.
GET MORE PAUL:
Just because life never slows down, doesn’t mean you can’t
2 minutes, 7 days, it's all you'll need
Grab this incredible (free) training and you’ll learn a simple strategy to restore balance, overcome overwhelm and get back in control of your life & your schedule..