Our guest this week is Robb Wolf: scientist, author, speaker, entrepreneur, reality TV celebrity, father, and husband. Robb is extremely intelligent, fiercely opinionated, a firm believer in being accountable for your choices, doesn’t have time to deal with excuses or complaints, and is the kind of person who leads movements rather than following them. Robb is a pioneer in the Paleo world, adding legitimacy through scientific proof to principles that came under a fair amount of attack from, well, just about anyone who didn’t see the value or benefit of a Paleo lifestyle.
This podcast, however, is not about Paleo. It is about life and how to create value, purpose, and satisfaction to build a world that is right for you. So we won’t be talking nutrition or macros with Robb, instead we discussed the big shifts he is making in his professional and personal life. We explored his thoughts on the future of this planet, and what it will take to survive and thrive if it all goes to hell in a hand basket.
- It takes guts to leave something that has been incredibly successful and profitable to pursue a new passion, especially as a PARENT.
- “The movement in navigating the physical world is how we develop risk analysis circuitry in the brain that allows us to adequately risk analyze the rest of our lives.” – in other words learning how to balance on a beam as a kid helps you later understand how to evaluate and take on risk.
- To survive the big one (zombie, earthquake or other…) be sensible, be practical and get out of debt!
- Accountability is a huge piece of being a thriving human, whether we are talking about parenthood, or how you carry yourself personally and professionally, …take responsibility for your choices.
- Sometimes the greatest advancements come from those who sound the craziest in the early days.
About ROBB WOLF:
Robb Wolf, a former research biochemist is the New York Times Best Selling author of The Paleo Solution – The Original Human Diet. A student of Prof. Loren Cordain, author of The Paleo Diet, Robb has transformed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people around the world via his top ranked iTunes podcast, book, and seminars.
Robb has functioned as a review editor for the Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, is co-founder of the nutrition and athletic training journal, The Performance Menu, co-owner of NorCal Strength & Conditioning, one of the Men’s Health “top 30 gyms in America” and he is a consultant for the Naval Special Warfare Resiliency program. He serves on the board of Directors/Advisors for: Specialty Health Inc, Paleo FX, and Paleo Magazine.
Robb is a former California State Powerlifting Champion (565 lb. Squat, 345 lb. Bench, 565 lb. Dead Lift) and a 6-0 amateur kickboxer. He coaches athletes at the highest levels of competition and consults with Olympians and world champions in MMA, motocross, rowing and triathlon. Wolf has provided seminars in nutrition and strength & conditioning to a number of entities including NASA, Naval Special Warfare, the Canadian Light Infantry and the United States Marine Corps.
Robb lives in Reno, Nevada with his wife Nicki and daughters Zoe and Sagan.