Ep 47 – It’s your Life
How appropriate is it to talk about dreaming big, thriving and living a great life when people are being gunned down in the streets, individuals are fleeing bloodshed, only to be marginalized in their ports of arrival, and the ones who govern us act like bickering children on a playground?
This summer has been one of chaos, bloodshed, sadness and hysteria both here in the States and around the world. The truly sad thing is that the realities we have been privy to over the past couple of months are common daily occurrences for many people around the world.
It is hard to be unaffected by all of this pain. It seems impossible to go on without addressing it.
Life in Focus’ message is one of hope. The idea behind what I do is to remind people that they have one life to live, and that they owe it to themselves to live it as best they can… but how appropriate and realistic is that in a world where survival takes precedence over thriving?
In episode 47 Chris and I talk about how important it is to continue dreaming. I explain why dreaming big, maintaining hope and shooting for a great life is neither trite, nor superficial, but ESSENTIAL today more than ever.
Dreaming big allows us to advance, become a better society & as human beings evolve beyond chaos. Click To Tweet
- When life is looking really dire you have a choice: either allow it to cripple you, allow it to be paralyzing or recognize the pain and ask yourself what you want to do, given the realities of your world.
- Pain and misery are not reasons to give up, they are what should motivate us to hope and strive to live better, and in so doing to create a better world for ourselves and others.
- It is important to be able to dream big, to want more without feeling guilt.
- By building a better life for yourself, you create better opportunities for others.
- The only control we have over anything that is happening in our world are the choices and actions we take.
- Don’t just feel sad or sorry for the misery you see, understand why it bothers you deep down inside and make life choices that directly reflect those values.