Ep 35 – Burning Out on Passion
They say that if you pursue your passion, you will never work another day in your life. I am sorry to tell you that is a myth. Following your passion can never be just about doing fun and fulfilling things. A lot of work goes behind the scenes to make a passion become a successful reality. Some of the work is fulfilling and engaging, and some is simply mind-numbing drudgery.
So what do you do when you start to burn out on passion?
That is the topic of Episode 35 of Life in Focus. Chris and I talk passion, careers, busy work, sacrifice and balance. I also share a few tips on how to make sure you stay focused on the things you love and survive the time building right for you just feels wrong.
- You can burn out on your passions too.
- You have to check in with yourself often and with an open mind check: “Am I wasting my life?”
- Busy is choice, if you don’t like the ways in which you are busy it is your responsibility to evaluate your choices.
- When something is not right for you, you can step away from it. Don’t fool yourself into believing you are stuck being or doing anything long term. It is your choice.
- Figure out what you really want and what you are willing to sacrifice for that.
- Following this podcast I: 1) went to the gym, and 2) spent an hour the following morning in my garden.
- I am now using an app based on the Pomodoro technique to create a 25-minute on 5-minute off work pace I use those five minutes to stretch, stand in my yard or practice the Art of Doing Noting.
LīF is a three part coaching series, that is offered as stand alone Kits, individual coaching, and (this Fall) as a group coaching process.
The first phase of LīF teaches you how to identify what right for you looks like through deep INSIGHT.
In the second phase you are given a framework to see and overcome your ROADBLOCKS.
The final part of LīF is ACTION, where you develop a personalized action plan to get you moving forward and creating the life that is RIGHT FOR YOU.